Defending Yourself Against White-Collar Charges
The most important step to take if you face a white-collar criminal charge or you believe that you are under investigation is to hire an attorney. Attorney Andrew Levchuk of Andrew Levchuk, Counsellor at Law, LLC, provides strategic defense against a variety of white-collar charges, particularly those involving the internet and cyber technology. Mr. Levchuk is an experienced litigator with an extensive jury trial and appellate background. He has tried cases and handled appeals involving:
- Wire and mail fraud
- Securities fraud
- Identity theft
- Computer network intrusions
- Tax evasion
Handling Complex Cyber Crimes
In his cybersecurity law practice, Andrew Levchuk has a unique focus on internet-based crimes that impact businesses. As a result, he understands the complex technological aspects of cybersecurity. Working with forensic experts, he knows how to investigate the alleged crime and uncover evidence that could prove crucial to your defense.
Mr. Levchuk has also handled civil litigation involving contracts, shareholder disputes, and minority shareholder freezeouts.
Representative Criminal and Civil Litigation Experience
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice of client’s indictment on federal drug, firearms, and money laundering charges. United States v. Murray, No. 18-cr-30018-MGM (D. Mass.). Also obtained dismissal of related civil forfeiture complaint and return of $793,580 in seized funds. United States v. $793,580, No. 18-cv-30015-MGM (D. Mass.)
- Obtained reversal of client’s RICO conspiracy and other convictions in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit due to ineffective assistance of trial counsel. United States v. Arrington, 941 F.3d 24 (2d Cir. 2019).
- Obtained reversal of client’s conviction in Massachusetts Appeals Court in Commonwealth v. Famosi, No. 2020-P-0355.
- Won ERISA victory in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on standing to seek relief under ERISA Section 502. Rojas et al. v. Cigna, 793 F.3d 253 (2d Cir. 2015).
- Defeated ERISA defenses and obtained favorable settlement on behalf of a major insurer against providers. Connecticut General Life Ins. Co. v. Advanced Chiropractic Healthcare, 54 F. Supp. 3d 260 (E.D.N.Y. 2014).
- Helped Western Massachusetts company defeat Superior Court civil action by minority shareholder seeking access to corporate records.
- Obtained favorable settlement in a federal civil action brought by a minority shareholder who was the target of freeze-out by majority shareholders.
Get A Free Consultation To Start Building Your Defense
If the government has brought a charge against you, it has likely been investigating you for months or even years. The sooner you begin building your defense strategy, the better. Call 413-269-5152 or send an email to get started with a free initial consultation. In addition to his practice in Massachusetts, Mr. Levchuk serves clients in New York and Washington, D.C.